Re: Reed Tuning/wondering pitch

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Vern Smith" <jevern@xxxxxxx

> Thanks for this quantitative information.  If you know the approximate
flow,
> and the pressures required ( .5 to 12 inches of water for the full dynamic
> range, You can calculate all of the airflow parameters of interest in a
> harmonica.

Hi, Vern. My main concern in the firm´s project is the air flow, since we
have to keep an eye on gas consumption.
But it is difficult to obtain precise numbers, since the way I found to
measure the mean airflow while playing a harmonica was to blow into a tube
thinking of it as being a harmonica. Not very scientific, though. I have
done the same with pressure, but don´t recall the figures. Would have to try
again, and I´ll update you on the numbers.
Best regards,
Fernando