Re: live loop sampler

hi,

saw Matt Corcoran- slide guitar  player- at Terrigal last Fri.

He was using a footpedal operated gadget where he would practise a riff until he got what he liked, recorded it on the gadget and then played to the loop - is this something like a 'lick-o-matic'?

wondering if anybody used anything similar themselves live - and their experiences.

does it come out ok or does it just sound like harmonicas playing over the top of each other?

The sound quality of the loop dropped considerably from his played riff - I know a guy in town that does the same thing at home on his computer - tweaks them and burns the loops on a cd so he can switch from loop to loop on the cd player with much better quality riffs.

any thoughts would be welcome -
any experiences of performing solo to rhythm machines, drum machines whatever also appreciated.

I am still very undecided whether to further investigate this stuff -

crowley