Re: Harp Commander Out

Tim wrote:
"I've put the Harp Commander at the top of my Christmas list. My only
question to those of you who already own one is whether it is more useful to
have the XLR out or the 1/4 out?"

Then Ken M. wrote:
"Go with the 1/4 out jack. Keep everything simple. You can run it to
anything using a standard guitar
chord."

=================================

I ordered my H.C. with an XLR out. My reasoning for the decision was that,
if you walk up to a stage where the mixing board isn't right there (this is
common at many clubs, at festival-type gigs, etc., where it'll instead be
out in the audience), then I could always unplug one of the ubiquitous vocal
mics and plug that line into my H.C. Plus, where there's a mixing board, 9
times out of 10 there will be XLR line for you to use. If you don't want to
leave it to chance, then tote an XLR mic cord along in your gig bag. And if
it all falls down and you find yourself without an XLR cord, you can run the
1/4" 'instrument line out' to a mixing board instead of an amp and it still
works nicely (as I found out at a jam session at a small biker bar in
Florida).
In unrelated H.C. news, I had the chance during a rehearsal a few weeks back
to run mine into a guitar player's Fender Pro Junior. Mercy! The amp was
much louder before feedback and had much juicier tone.
MN