New Harp Friendly Jam - Bill's Blues

I'm not big on open jams but occasionally I like to torture myself and go out
to one that I've never been to before. So last night I cruised over to the
open jam at the brand new, "Bill's Blues" in Evanston, IL. and I must say it was
really a great little jam -- lots of strong players who know what they're
doing on stage and are a blast to play with. Katherine Davis does a fine job
hosting the jam and keeps things moving along with the able-bodied help of harp-l
member, the soulful Mr. G.

Occasionally on harp-l, folks post to ask about harp-friendly jams in cities
that they're visiting, and I just want to say if you're visiting Chicago, or
better yet if you're already here and looking for a solid jam on Tuesday
nights, look no further than Bill's Blues in Evanston. Hats off to Bill Gilmore who
has done it again with a very cool new blues club in the metro Chicago area.
The place has a great vibe and I look forward to spending a lot more time
there.

BTW, James Cotton will be playing at Bill's on Friday Sept. 19. In an age
where post-war blues harp masters are getting a tad scarce, this is one not to
miss.

T. Albanese