XB-40/Rhythm Changes

Ok I'm just starting to experiment with a few jazz melodies on the XB-40 and realizing
that although you can theoretically play any tune in any position, some positions must
lend themselves better to chording and chord fragments for certain songs.

My question is, what position would give you the best opportunities for a little bit of
chording here and there through Rhythm changes?  1st?  12th?   3rd seems to minor-ish
for "I Got Rhythm".