Re: Rethinking Richter on the XB-40

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Fred S" <fsstov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> I'm still a little concerned that if one doesn't have a pretty good
> mastery of all the bends on a regular diatonic then playing an XB-40
> would be a frustrating experience, but I guess I'll never know until I
> try it.  Thanks for your insights. (Cool BB pix, by the way).

It is a well grounded concern, but I, as a very amateur player, can
guarantee you that it is a very fun instrument to have. you will still be
training your blow and draw bends, and will start to have more need to do
that, but the XB is really a very good instrument to be thought as an
extende Richter diatonic for 2nd position. But it won´t be frustrating, oh
no. After all, you will still be able to do everything you already do, and
some more. With time, this "some more" will be even more.
Best regards,
Fernando Bresslau