Re: MS Marine Band

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Howard Chandler" <chandler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>blues [p
To: "Bob Maglinte" <bbqbob917@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, September 05, 2003 3:41 PM
Subject: Re: MS Marine Band

> Barbeque,
>
> The one I have is an A.  It doesn't seem so dreadfull.  I remember there
> was some getting used to it and I think the temperment is different than
> the regular MB.  I was also playing latin tunes and kind of making up a
> style for playing them at the time, so  I wasn't working in a comfort
> zone anyway.  Did they ever fix the short slot problem on the low keys
> for the European production harps?   Maybe I got one of these.
>
> Thanks for the info.
>
> Howard Chandler

Hi Howard,
The MS just intonation IS defintely different than the ones on the HM Marine
Bands/Special 20's. If you do do much bending or play the way blues players
tend to do, you won't notice it that much> They did fix the problem on the
European production low keys, which unless Rick Epping can contradict this,
I believe are the same as what's sold herein the US. If you got one going
back 12-15 years, you most definitely got the earlier production model, and
I believe they also made a correction on the cover plates also.

Sincerely,
Barbeque Bob Maglinte
Boston, MA