RE: XB bending vs Overblowing vs Brendan Power's harps ?

Hi all

Tim wrote:
>One thing that got me
> playing the harp in the first place was being able to stick one in my
> pocket, and the XB is just enough bigger to make that a problem for
> me.

I feel exactly the same. The size of the harp is definitely an important
criteria for me. Moreover, I don't like having valves.

By the way, it seems to me that if you don't mind having an expensive, big
harp with valves, Brendan Power's 10 holes Chromatic Richter tuned (sorry
Pat Missin for using the bad terminology ;-) harps are the way to go! They
give you all the required notes (and probably also lots of enharmonic notes)
simply by pushing the button. So no problem of bending accurately one
semi-tone. And Brendan now customizes the Slide harp which is problably not
really bigger than the XB. That's true they are more expensive than the XB,
but you really have two harps in one and you could imagine to buy only half
of the required keys. And they are custom harps which play wonderfully.

I would really be interested in having a feedback from people who own both
the XB and a CX-10 or Slide harp from Brendan.

And despite what I've just said, I'll buy an XB-40 as soon as I have enough
money (too bad for the Slide harp in G I was fancying to buy)....

Best regards

    Laurent

PS: Of course, usual disclaimers apply.