Re: every body needs somebody (harp-l**NOT SPAM) (not Dean Martin)

People that have been "drawn" to the harp because of cross harp tend to shy
away from much blowing into the instrument. Don't be afraid of the blow
notes-understand them and be in control.

In cross harp: Play whole notes like an organ player-it may seem boring but
it will be quite MUSICAL and will probably impress everyone.

C# minor= vi minor  Blow 2+3 is the root & third of this chord
- -CAREFUL-DON'T PLAY 1 or 4 BLOW!!
play together and hold it for the entire bar (Blow 5+6 also)

A7= IV7  BLOW the harp-all notes fit (or play 3 draw bent down a 1/2
step--this is the flat seventh)

# minor= vi minor  Blow 2+3 is the root & third of this chord -CAREFUL-DON'T
PLAY 1 or 4 BLOW!!
play together and hold it for the entire bar (Blow 5+6 also)

B7= V7  I usually play a tongue blocked octave here (holes 1 & 4 draw)
(holes 1 & 4 blow also work, as they are the flat seventh)

music theory and classic R&B learned through 2 comedians acting like blues
guys, wow!

I must admit that I heard I Don't Need No Doctor, covered by Humble Pie long
before I ever heard BLUESMAN Ray Charles do the original.

Michael Peloquin
http://www.harphouse.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=4