Randy Singer's "Harmonica Dreams"

Randy Singer, the hardest working studio harmonicist in the Miami recording
scene, was kind enough to send me a copy of his newly released CD, "Harmonica
Dreams".

It is obviously a labor of love, as so much thought and expense were poured
into this project. It sparkles from start to finish, including the high quality
graphics and photographs used for the CD insert.

The CD is a combination of instrumentals and vocals, with the Smooth Jazz
market as the target. As a matter of fact, it is a wonderful attempt to create a
wider appreciation of the sound of the harmonica within this burgeoning
segment of the listening public.

Randy plays mostly chromatic and has achieved a beautiful studio sound for
his instrument. What struck me immediately was the sonic quality of the
production. Everything is crystal clear and well balanced. The synthesizer programming
is excellent, as well as the acoustic guitar, drums, bass and keys that are
added to a few of the tracks. Headphone listening is recommended.

Randy also plays diatonic harmonica in a style reminiscent of Lee Oskar, but
utilizing the overblow techniques as well.

I was surprised to find that Randy is also an experienced vocalist and
songwriter. His smooth singing fully compliments his style of harmonica playing and
rounds out this project nicely.

For more information, visit www.randysinger.com.

The Iceman