Re: Blow Bends

>From: "IronMan Mike Curtis" <ironman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> (SELECTIVE
>QUOTES....)

>The high blow bends are IMHO underused by most harmonica players.
>Audiences
>love 'em.  If I want to get a crowd stirred up, QUICK, I'll take a high
>note
>solo.
>
>When can you use 'em?  Constantly.  They're every bit as valid as the low
>notes, and because so many harpers shy away from them, you'll find yourself
>in rarefied company.>>>>>>>>

I agree with Mike.  I know that mine's only a minority interest, but in
Irish tunes on the diatonic harp you are a bit restricted as to the types of
  ornamentation available.  Blow bending at the high end is a really useful
thing to be able to do - not necessarily to get missing notes, but more to
get a bit more expressiveness into the music in a "slurring" kind of way.
As with any technique, it needs to be used judiciously - less is more!  Any
chance I get to plug the Irish thing....!

Steve Shaw.

Want more than the blues?  Try Irish!
http://mysite.freeserve.com/trad_irish_harmonica

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger