Re: Blow Bends

Tim,

Hey, good point about crossing the "6-7 hole
barrier"...

I hadn't really thought about it from the solo-line
perspective. I guess I go up there pretty regularly
within the context of solos, especially in my 3rd
position work, though not nececearilly going for
blow bends. I use a lot of octaves up there,
however.

Harpin' in Colorado,
- --Ken M.

- --- Tim Moyer <wmharps@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Not to take issue with the Mojo man -- a little
> can go a long way on the high end of the harp --
> but learning how to transition from the
> low end to the high end (crossing that 6-7 hole
> barrier) and actually PLAY the high end of the
> harp can have a profound effect on your style.
<<snip>>

=====
"When you speak of Walter Horton, the first thing you think of is his tone, that big, fat tone."
- ---Li'l Ronnie Owens