Re: Blow Bends (fwd)

- ----------------------  Forwarded Message:  ---------------------
From:    dr.alters-wizardsway@xxxxxxx
To:      "IronMan Mike Curtis" <ironman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Blow Bends
Date:    Fri, 12 Sep 2003 12:46:38 +0000

Mike thank you so much for the tip.  It is a good thing that I am starting to
practice this technique for the diatonic.  I just got an XB 40. I took up Tim
Northcutt's offer.  It is a monster.  I know it is not the size but how you
use it. A lot of that harmonica depends on pinpoint accurate high and low
blowbends. I tried it out a bit and some of the notes just on the high end
simple draw are hard to finesse out like the 7 draw. I wonder if you or any
ofthe other harp players have any ideas on how to approach this big bad boy
with a better embouchure. Kind of exciting. Feel like a lion tamer entering
the cage with a chair and a whip.

Another unforseen and potential problem is my new Masterclass Stage case.
Just bought one. Got it all rigged.  Now in a  few months to a year I will
start pestering myself on whether I should get more XB-40 monsters to
practice with and then of course to gig with.  Well how am I going to fit
them into my wonder Masterclass case?  I would need a new wing put onto the
metal mansion.  Perhaps they will come out with a new interior pattern or use
the top pad. Good grief Charlie Brown this is getting expensive!

 Doc
 Dennis "Doc" Alters

 Harp and Vocals
 The Alternators