Embossing and other questions

Tinkering harpers,

What is embossing?  I've heard this term a few times on the web.  I get the
impression that it's a way of narrowing the gap betwen slot edge and reed.
Does this technique involve burnishing, or deforming the slot edge?  Perhaps
someone can please explain how this is done and what tools are needed?

Also, can someone suggest a source for small machine screws?

Oh, one last thing.  The method of sealing Marine Band combs involves diping
them in hot melted beeswax?

I'm new here and so I apologize in advance if these are well worn topics.
I'm having trouble searching the Harp-l archives.

Thanks

Howard Chandler