Re: Embossing and other questions

I highly suggest buying Rupert Oysler's video's on harp repair, maintenance
& setup. Everything is
in there and it's done in a way that my 9 year old son could set up a harp
after watching it. If your
going to be setting up your own harps, it's a great investment. He also
get's into sealing the comb's with
a particular poly that's a lot better than the beeswax and wont wear off.
All of my harps now at the
least have the teeth of the combs rounded (no sharp edges) and the combs
sealed.

No kickbacks or affiliation from/with Rupert. Just a damn good video.

Scooter

> Tinkering harpers,
>
> What is embossing?  I've heard this term a few times on the web.  I get
the
> impression that it's a way of narrowing the gap betwen slot edge and reed.
> Does this technique involve burnishing, or deforming the slot edge?
Perhaps