Re: rp200 digitech

hi mike,

thanks for that.

I got the 200 version and the "rhythm trainer" is indeed a shocker - thats no real skin off my nose as its not really what i got the thing for anyway - if it had something better it would have been much nicer but a lot more to pay for i guess.

I spent about two days playing with it - hooked it up to a small pair of logtitech comp - spkrs - the one with the big ugly woofer box and plugged in a guitar to see how it sounds what it was really made for.

I know six blues riffs (ok five and a half) on a guitar and i played them all about 80 times each ... for guitar this had some amazing settings preset - though a lot were in the stadium rock category and budding young Eddie van Halens.

That fun over I fooled around with some of Richard Hunter's settings thru my sm57 - still into the computer spkrs.

I dropped off the effects Richard used for the 'Taj Mahal' type setting and turned it to a basic blackface amp.

This was sounding good and I was happy with what might be 'possibly' coming out of a pa - or into a recording mixer.

After some days talking, surfing, emailing, most of the opinion was that to put this thru an amp - and have my own control onstage - I should be looking at something that seeks to play things 'clean'like a big keybrd amp - not tubes. I believe Richard also recommends the same.

As luck had it I came across a 2nd hand pommy Torque t100k - 100 watts.

Apparently there is a 120 watt Behringer that would have been a lot nicer - lots more features - but i was already down to eating 2 min noodles for the next month

I got the SM57 going straight to the Torque -via an XLR convertor - then to the RP200 via an FX loop.

The Torque has 4 channels and each one has two inputs -low and high sensitivity.

The SM57 seems to be working fine through the High sensitivity input and easily shakes the windows when required.

The next thing is to find some nice settings that will make my shaker madcat put out some more oomph than what it originally gives.

richard, (if your there) have you tried a bullet thru this thing or would you advise keeping with the vocal mic?

crowley

>>> IronMan Mike Curtis <ironman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 09/12/03 23:16 PM >>>

Hi Mark;
I believe it's the same as the RP100, and the drums are not programmable.

For an SM-57, you'll want to use a transformer.