re: custom harmonicas

Since I love Lee Oskars straight out of the box, they do everything I need,
is there an advantage to custom harps? None of my harp heros use custom
harps. Granted there wasn't much for custom harps back when Paul Butterfield
and Sonny Terry played, but Charlie Musselwhite and James Cotton play stock
harps and sound great.

Also, since harps are customized for a player's particular style, what would
I ask for?-a Marine Band tuned like a Lee Oskar, with a playing response
like a Lee Oskar, and oh yeah-a plastic comb?

I don't mean to sound snide. Has anyone bought a custom harp and prefered
the store bought?

Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.spaceanimals.com
http://www.mp3.com/spaceanimals