re: custom diatonic harmonicas

.> As far as paid customisers go (I'm also one) I really think that people
> learning about their own harps will help that profession. The more that
> people realize what is really involved, the more they are willing to pay
for
> the extreme detail and hours that are necessary to produce a fine harp. It
> was my sincere hope that the videos would help all customisers, as well as
> individual players.

This is a very important point I believe. I bought Ruperts videos a few
years ago, and have since done most of my own tweaking. I also started
customizing my own Marine Bands but it has now been a year or so since my
last one because the work involved takes more time then I have. I would much
rather have a pro customizer do this sort of thing and I believe that the
prices they charge is a bargain. I wouldn't have this insight if I had never
done any myself. I still do my own tuning and tweaking but I'll leave the
time consuming work of customizing to the Professionals, who do a much
better job then I can anyhoo.
/tim
sixtiesjazz@xxxxxxxxx