Re: Customised harps

In a message dated 9/16/03 3:07:05 AM, mnessmith@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> As I wrote a bit back, I have a custom Marine Band in A that has lasted me
> more than a year without going out of tune. I also have a custom in low F
> that I expect will last me years.

   The comments about custom harps lasting longer is very true. While I now
do my own harps, I still have a James Gordon C SP20 that I got from   him 4
years ago. I have played this harp an awful lot during that time and it's still
in tune and works well. Now, I admit that I'm not that hard on them, but I
sometimes forget how good these are   until I pick up a bad out of the box one.
my two cents worth.

Steve "Moandabluz" Webb
still a fool for the harp