Re: Steve Baker Special

Mark Wilson schrieb:

> I heard a nasty rumor at SPAH that the Steve Baker Special was going to be
> discontinued.  I also heard that Steve has stopped gigging with the SBS and
> has moved on to the Extreme Bender.  Has anyone else heard this as well?

Hi Mark,

don't worry!

it's just rumours.

I have asked Steve today after reading your mail. He doesn't know
anything about plans to stop the production of the SBS. Because Steve is
Hohner's number one advicer here in germany, and because the SBS is
Steve's invention, I can't imagine that Hohner wouldn't tell him first
if such plans were existing.

the SBS never was Steve's main instrument, he plays it for some specific
tunes, and most of the time he plays Custom Marine Bands.

He does not play the xB-40 in live situations at present: because he
thinks that the XB-40 is a new, different kind of harmonica (like the
difference between chroms and diatonics) and that first it is necessary
to learn to play it in a different way. It's up to the players to decide
what they can do with this new harmonica, he said.

Greetings,

Otto