From: owner-harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf
Of Howard Chandler
Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2003 8:39 PM
To: Shane Greene; Jp Pagan; harp-l harp-l; HarpTalk
Subject: Re: SM-57, wow!, help!

Hi JP,

I put mine on a stand and lean in and wrap my hands around it to cup it and
keep from scraping the back of the harp in it.  I do alot of stuff moving in
and cupping for the big boomy sound, using the proximity effect of the mike.
But then, if the song calls for it, I back off and get a more naturally eq'd
sound.  If you adjust the height, you can lean the stand over, if bending
down feels comfortable.  I do the same thing with 58's and my 545SD (the one
with the built in clip and switch).  By the way,  the stand mounting threads
have stripped out on the 545 a long time ago.  Is there any way to
rejuvinate the them?  I don't know what big/little Walter would have done,
but it works for me.

Thanks,

Howard Chandler