Re: longevity of custom harps

- ----- Original Message -----
From: <yeehaw@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <bluegrassharp@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, September 19, 2003 12:01 AM
Subject: longevity of custom harps
> My friend Pat Missin (Hi Pat) made a good point about the way Hohner tunes
> their reeds.
> IF ANYONE FROM HOHNER IS READING THIS, IMHO I BELIEVE THAT THIS IS THE
> BIGGEST PROBLEM CAUSING PERMATURE REED FAILURE ON AN OTHERWISE EXCEPTIONAL
> PRODUCT!!!
> Anyway, some of us have figured out how to fix this and that harps still
> last a very long time!
> All the best,
> Bob Meehan
> 145 Keenan Ave
> Goose Creek S.C. 29445
> 843-670-3154
> web site bobmeehan.net

Hi Bob,
This has been a complaint that has been sent to Hohner for freakin' decades,
(including from yours truly), but it's done nothing but fall on deaf ears,
because they way do it is quicker, getting more product out on the store
shelves, but it kills reed life, especially when it was in their crap
quality period between 1981-1995.

Sincerely,
Barbeque Bob Maglinte
Boston, MA