Re: Fender Pro Junior

M. Erickson wrote:
I know many harp players like the Fender Pro Junior. Musician's Friend is
selling the very cool "blond" model for $250. ..."

==============================

A couple weeks back I wrote that I'd just had the chance during a rehearsal
to run my Harp Commander into a guitar player's Fender Pro Junior and that
it sounded great (it did). I was using a JT-30 with CR element.
Then, at rehearsal last night, I used the same Pro Junior (loaded with stock
12AX7 preamp tubes) and just a Shure SM57 with the lo-to-hi z adapter. No
Harp Commander this time. As per BBQ Bob's advice, I put the tone all the
way down and put the volume between 2 and 3. I got a really powerful sound
from this setting and was able to hang with the drums, bass, two guitars and
piano. Granted it was just a rehearsal and we were all playing pretty
quietly. But the experience reminded me again how great this amp is for harp
(at its price point, mind you - I ain't saying it's a Sonny Junior or
vintage tweed Harvard ... or a Marble Max). If I owned a PJ, I MIGHT
consider lowering the gain factor on the preamp tubes (especially for use
with a really hot mic like my 545S or a bullet), but even with a vocal mic
and the 12AX7s in there, it sounded pretty freakin good to me!
MN