Re: toxicity of sealants

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "G." <gigs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "harp-l" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, September 20, 2003 4:38 AM
Subject: Re: toxicity of sealants
> Which reminds me... the latest Hering wood comb diatonic harmonica
> "Vintage 1923" ... is its comb sealed?  If so whats it sealed with?
>
> Best Regards
> G.

Hi,
The Hering Vintage Harps comes with a factory sealed wood comb, and the
woodbeing used is Marfim Imperial from the Brazillian tropics, according to
Carlos Bertolazzi at their headquarters in Brazil. Another person on this
list whses name escapes me at this moment had a conversation with a European
distributor and according to his source, the sealant being used is parrafin
oil. Carlos had told me they tried many different sealants, including all of
the  ones mentioned, but none of them worked particarly well with this wood,
and they settled on this particular sealant.

I understand from Carlos that in the next year or two, they'll be coming out
with a line oif chromatics using this particular sealed wooden comb.

Sincerely,
Barbeque Bob Maglinte
Boston, MA