Re: forced to 1st position

John,

It's possible that your friend really knew what he was doing.  First
position might have been my first choice for that song.  I haven't
actually tried it, but humming it in my head, it seems like a good
straight harp song.  After many experiences like yours, I've learned to
grab harps going both ways on the circle of fifths just in case (and
maybe a couple of extra's) .  It may be just a security blanket kind of
thing, but that's what pockets are for.

Howard Chandler