RE: Big Walter's Customized Harp

Hi Allen,

>>> Allen Stratyner <astratyner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> 09/23/03 01:08pm >>>

         I don't mean to appear rude, but In total candor I'm starting to
believe that some the people who express
themselves in this forum are a little bit too obsessed with with equipment,
tweaks and customizations. Hey it's a big tent, and everyone is welcome, but
I just wonder sometimes how the old blues masters were able to create all
this music we love without all the trappings of the modern would-be harp
player,
                                                               Allen

Allen,

Not rude at all - thanks for the reality check - long overdue in these recent  threads.

The outrageous claims of the pro-customising posts after Pat Missin's informative comment on the construction of the LO actually talked me out of considering laying a dollar down for anything beyond detailed gapping and tuning by a practitioner far more experienced than myself.

The blokes talked themselves out of a sale.

Why a pay 'a good day's wage' in customisation when half that day is spent bringing a leaky brand new Hohner to the stock standard of an out of box LO?

crowley