Re: Gus Tale

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Fernando Javier Toral" <ftoral@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2003 11:26 AM
Subject: Re: Gus Tale

> Last Friday night I went to see Jefferson Gonçalves, one of the best
brazilian harp players, who was performing in Argentina for a few days with
a local band.

> Before he arrived to the pub, a local harp player -let's call him RG- did
his show with his band. Many of his fans stayed to see Jeff. In the middle
of his show, they started to call RG to join Jeff on stage. Between one song
and another, Jeff stepped in front and said "RG has done his thing, now I'm
here and I presume you all are here to listen to what I came here for...
play the harp, so let me do it". A sudden silence gained the place,
interrupted by my and many others applauses. When he was about to end, he
called RG to join him on a duet: RG finished blowing dirty notes and red as
a tomato...

> I believe "gussing" also includes this disrespectful attitude from the
crowd to a musician, calling another one just because you like him again on
stage. But Jeff is a gentleman, and put the things on their exact place,
showing to all of us he is much better harp player than RG.

> Fernando Toral

Hi,
I guess this is closer to what I used to know as a classic headcutting
contest!

Sincerely,
Barbeque Bob Maglinte
Boston, MA