RE: Confessions of a Gusser

Michelle wrote:
"Seems like its a bit different if the performer grants you permission ahead
of time... As I said in my 'confession', Harry encouraged my 'Gussing'.
Neither he nor anyone else ever voiced a complaint or gave me a crooked
look."

==============================

Perhaps not. Not that you know of anyway.
I am a nice guy, often times too nice. If I were a member of the audience
when someone was gussing the band, I'd probably not have the nerve to walk
over and tell them to stick it. That does not mean, however, that that
person didn't ruin the evening for me (and likely for others as well).
I don't want to offend you, Michelle. I enjoy your enthusiasm and read all
of your posts with interest. And maybe you indeed have that very very rare
situation where gussing is sanctioned and accepted by everyone there. But in
every club or bar I've ever been in, it's just rude -- rude as hell -- to
the other folks who are trying to enjoy the show.
MN