Gussing

One more opinion for the pile:  Though it's been quite a few years that
I've missed, I have been able to attend a number of  SPAH conventions.
Often I experienced someone sitting near me trying to play along while
someone really good was playing up on stage.  I found that particular
gussing extremely annoying---distracting, disrespectful, and oblivious
of the enjoyment of others.  With only a few exceptions, I think
gussing  near others while someone is presenting a show is discourteous
to the performers and the listeners.  We've heard a few of those
exceptions mentioned.  Please don't anyone else be encouraged to gus at
a performance.  Chances are that you've guessed (gussed) wrong.

Dan Elyea  (gusses only with the radio or recordings)