Re: Handling diatonics on stage, etc.

Hey Scorcher,

For the last several years I've been using the
classic black Hohner hard case. Seats 12 diatonics
and one 16-hole chromatic, each harp snuggled
holes-down in its own little foam slot. I've marked
the key of each harp on the back of the combs using
marked white hole-punch paper circles attached with
clear nail polish.

On stage I keep the case laying flat open on an old
plastic milk crate. On the lid side of the open
hard case I sometimes keep my Dave Barrett soft
case with any oddball harps and/or spares I might
need (total of about 19 diatonics, one 16-hole
chrom and one 12-hole chrom in G tucked into the
big pocket of the soft case).

Works for me.

Harpin' in Colorado,
- --Ken M.

- --- Scorcher <s_c_o_r_c_h_e_r@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> How do you veterans (or neophytes) handle your
> diatonics on stage?
>
> I've been using the Fender Mississippi Sax case
> at blues Jams - works
> OK, enough room for 20 'tonics, couple chroms,
> and a mic, BUT I can't
> always find someplace to put it that's convenient
> for key changes,
> etc.
>
> The belt that Hohner makes wasn't gonna cut it.
>
> Likewise a 7-harp case I modified to hang on a
> mic stand.
>
> I finally broke down and had a vest made (with 24
> harmonica
> pockets)...this at least makes me more mobile.
> Some of my playing is
> pure acoustic at Bluegrass Jams, so being able to
> wander from circle
> to circle is a big plus.
>
> So....what about youse guys?
>
> -Scorcher
>
> P.S. -why so many pockets? They're not ALL full,
> but I carry at least
> one of each key I'm going to be playing in
> (there's 7+), a back-up for
> any that are dodgy(2-3 more), some low-octaves
> (D, F, E) a 365 SBS, at
> least one chromatic, a solo, an octave......It's
> a heavy vest.
>

> --
> Hosted by ValuePricehosting.com,
http://www.valuepricehosting.com

=====
"When you speak of Walter Horton, the first thing you think of is his tone, that big, fat tone."
- ---Li'l Ronnie Owens