Near Guss

I was at the Farnham Maltings last night, seeing the fabulous Connie Lush
and Blues Shouter . At half time I asked Connie if she would be playing one
of my favourite songs off her album in the second half. She told me she
would. I then asked her if she knew what key it was in, as I'd been wanting
to play my harmonica along to the record and wasn't sure I had the right
key. She didn't know - " I just sing what I'm told, go ask Johnny".

When I approached Johnny, I explained that Connie had told me they would be
playing "Standin" one of my favourite tracks and could he tell me what key
it was in as I'd just started learning harmonica and wanted to play along to
the CD. He told me it was in C, and then a look of horror came over his face
as he said  "You're not going to play along in there, are you?"  I thought
of the Gussing thread and just laughed as I reassured him that I didn't have
any harmonicas on me.

Cheers,

Isabelle