Re: Grace and aplomb in the face

> Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 22:06:37 -0400
> From: the Leones <leone@xxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: Grace and aplomb in the face of Gussing and other
unpleasantries

>    Jeez Munteez Howard, are you some kind of Dashel Hammet, Damon
> Runyon, Ernest Hemmingway type writer or WHAT. This is some really
> DEEP stuff. Strangely enough I kind of feel this way too. These
> Schlameils show up but they didn't start out meaning any harm. They
> are just looking for a couple hours of "escapism" and just plain get
> INTO the mood in a happy sort of way. The fact that things turn sour
> is unfortunate, but is it REALLY the end of the world? I have gotten
> used to them and generally can have a lot of fun (usually at THEIR
> expense). Havn't broken any bones (SO far).  Smo-Joe

Is this the same Smo-Joe who over on Bantermeister has been
calling for anyone who can't hold their liquor to have a Tam o' Shanter
placed on their head, then to be stood up against a wall and shot? (harp
content:  in the background, the plaintive strains of Skip to My Lou
on a Hohner Echo).  - thurg