Re: gussing

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 08:13:35 -0700 (PDT), Michael Carreira wrote:

>the real reason you all dont like gussing so much:

>gussing is a real challenge to the fundamental
>principals of art: power and authority.

No, gussing is a real challenge to the principles of polite society: consideration, decorum, and courtesy. Simply put, it is rude (to both audience and
performer) to play in the audience, force yourself onstage uninvited, or misrepresent yourself to get on stage.

>the word itself is just a tool to humiliate and
>silence those who might stand up and challenge your
>authority.

The word is a linguistic tool to describe a type of person we've all had the misfortune of encountering. If someone should avoid gussing in an effort to avoid
ridicule, so much the better.

BB

- --
B.B. Bean