  From: Knapton
  To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Sunday, September 28, 2003 12:10 AM
  Subject: Fender Pro Junior

  I'm new to harp-l...and looking forward to the journey.

  I've mostly played with a very warm and clean tone (Fender PA100,
Electrovoice 100S speakers, AKG D321 mic and Boss analog delay).

  The current band line up requires a fat overdriven horn tone.
  I have a Fender Pro Junior 15watt, with 10" speaker, for the task. Mic is
a Shure 520 SLB (green bullet), The valves are all standard. The speaker is
dead and need replacing.

  Q1. Any ideas on  replacement speakers? Is it better to have a speaker
with early 'break-up'? Or one that is cleaner with more headroom, and let
the valve saturation alone creat the tone?

  Q2. Any suggestions on valve combinations would be appreciated.

  Many thanks
  Pete Knapton