XB40

Got my XB40 recently. Here?s my assessment for those
still deciding, or waiting. FWIW!

Good:
Excellent for 3rd position noodling.
Endless possibilities.
Lots of fun to keep a ~C~ in the Car for trips [One
harp fits many songs, through bending, and one learns
about positions].
Allows some novel things. i.e.: I can blowbend holes
on both sides of a TB, which I couldn?t before-  or,
wouldn?t have thought to try]. I can?t say that I know
where this would be useful- but it?s nifty

Bad:
- -A little big for a good cup
- -Protruding lip that precludes a deep embouchure
[tough to get a good ~seal~], and makes it harder for
a Diatonic player to do runs up and down [and
~Juke-type~ slides].
- -Feels a little ~toylike~. Somehow doesn?t feel as
~solid~ as even a little Marine Band, and it?ll be a
while before I?d consider gigging with it as anything
other than a novelty.
- -Will bend when you don?t mean to. LOTS of unknowns
that make for uneasy ~getting down~.

Overall a big adjustment for Diatonic gigging players.
But that?s neither bad nor good.

Just my first week ~take~ for those still considering.
I?m glad it?s here and think it?s a gas.
Like I said, FWIW,
Robb