Re: Hering 1923

So far I have mixed feelings about the 1923 harp.
I have a full set of 15 harps(including low F, low E and !! low D).
Most harps stay in tune pretty well, but 2 went down after a few hours of
(intense) playing.
I don't know if this has anything to do with the thickness of the
reedplates?

I noticed that the used is superb, no swelling so they are sealed very well.
I have customized Marine Band (from Tony Ramos). The wood is soaked is
beeswax and treated with "schellack" (germand word that I can't translate).
But after a 2 hour practice session the wood around holes 4 -5 -6 starts
swelling (a little). It feels a bit uncomfartable but the harps are absolute
airtight, perfect tuned. He uses reedplates from Hohner with fresh (not
tuned..) reeds.
The slot embossing is done very,very carefully and he claims a tolereance
between reed and slot from 0,01 mm.
This is my first harp where bending on hole 3 is as easy as on 1-2-4-6.

On www.harponline.de  you can find detailed info about customized harps
(Filisko...Ramos...) with very good photos rom reeds, slots etc etc.

Ben Bouman
Holland