Re: Hering 1923

Moan,
So far your experience is the exception...most folks I've heard from, and I,
think that these are the sweetest out-of-the-box harps to come along.  I
like them so much, I've become a reseller...and look forward to hearing back
from my customers about their experiences.  We've all had good and bad
harps...I've had bad Lee Oskars, Suzukis, and a whole run of bad
Hohners...even a bad chromatic, so it can happen anywhere.  I hope that the
failure percentage of these is very low....I think they're the best
alternative for those of us who can't afford custom harps.

What a great forum!

Hambone

>From: Moandabluz@xxxxxxx
>To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: Hering 1923
>Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 03:53:18 EDT
>

>In a message dated 9/29/03 5:42:05 PM, bbqbob917@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
> > So far, the Hering Vintage, even with its thicker plates, have
> > clearly outlasted anything they've ever put out as far as diatonics go,
>and
> > its longevity is not unlike a HM MB, especially when you learn to NOT
>play
> > real hard 24/7.
> >
>I had a Hering Blues harp that I could never make play well at all. I liked
>how the harp felt, sounded.. but it played hard. My vintage harp is a piece
>of
>crap. Again, I like the solid feel of it, but it plays stiff and I don't
>like
>it at all. I tweaked it some, but it still stinks. very unresponsive and
>difficult to play. For what it's worth.
>
>Steve "Moandabluz" Webb
>still a fool for the harp

Help protect your PC.  Get a FREE computer virus scan online from McAfee.