Stock harps quality. Was: Hering 1923

Hi all

Hambone wrote:

>We've all had good and bad
> harps...I've had bad Lee Oskars, Suzukis, and a whole run of bad
> Hohners...even a bad chromatic, so it can happen anywhere.

That's perfectly true. This is normal that, as for any mass-produced item,
there is a chance that a stock harp plays badly.

Normally a product is replaced when it has a fault. The main problem with
the harmonica is that it's not easy to prove there is a problem of
playability with a harp.

Of course if a reed doesn't play at all, we can have the harp replaced
without any problem. But we can't (or at least, I've never done that) go to
the shop and say: "this harp is leaky. Would you replace it?".

I would be interested in having a feedback from the list regarding that
matter. Have you ever returned a harp to the shop because of a bad
playability? I'm not talking about bad gapping that can be easily fixed but
about leaky harps.

At first, we could think that the companies should accept such returns but
it would have in my opinion two major side effects:
	-This would increase the cost of the harps and inevitably their price.
	-This could lead to excesses from players who would expect a
near-to-perfect harp for the price of a stock harp.

Thanks

    Laurent