sanford and son

Quick question, folks... in the Sanford and Son theme
by Quincy Jones, is Eddie Gordon (who, I *think*, is
the harp player, but correct me if I am wrong) playing
a bass harmonica in the intro, then a regular diatonic
during the rest of the song?  And is he playing that
regular harp in cross position the entire time?  It
sounds to me like he switches from a C harp to F harp
(playing both in cross)... but it also sounds like it
might be a chromatic.

anyway, my main question is about the bass harp... I
looooove that sound at the beginning.
- -s-

=====