Re: Hohner Vintage Tricell Vamper/Leg Pull!!

In a message dated 3/31/04 6:06:43 PM, rick.dempster@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> That music was played and recorded at a lower level than it it is now=20
> played on peoples home sound systems.
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 The softer you play, the more subtlety you can keep in=
 your music.
> If Walter had been playing now at the levels most of us play at, most of=20
> what we admire=A0 his playing would have been
> impossible.
>=20
   The older one becomes, the more true is this statement.=20
   I was at a jam session recently that mostly features rock guitarists and=20
singers. LOUD distorted guitar and overall volume at ear-bleed level. I got=20=
up=20
to play harp thru the PA with a decent blues guitar player, and the bass=20
player is a good blues musician... so the guy fronting the jam turned around=
 and=20
had everyone lower their volume when I played the harp solo. Funny how welll=
=20
that worked and yet the volume went right back up to 10 afterward. I use mus=
ician=20
ear plugs and still worry about the affect on my aging ears.

Steve "Moandabluz" Webb
still a fool for the harp