Re: bopalula

>From: tom ball <havaball@xxxxxxx>
>Andrew wrote:
>All I'm saying is that Walter used some bebop phrases on some tracks, even
>if he wasn't a bebop artist. Is that too hard for you to accept, or would
>you like to have a laugh at my opinion with another gag
>reference to a secret session with Byrd and Dizzie?
>
>To which I can add the following quote from Wynton Marsalis:
>"Everyone in the fifties was playing the blues like,
>'Be-boop-diddly-popa-DO.'  But then Little >Walter came on the scene going,
>'Be-boop-diddly-popa-DA.' And that's why there has never been any real
>blues since Walter died in the sixties." --Wynton Marsalis.

Great quote Tom!

we still must differentiate between these two words:

PHRASES (Andrew's supposed claim)
- -my opinion: no BeBop PHRASES were played by LW

PHRASING (my assumption of Andrew's intended meaning)
- -LW used plenty of BeBop PHRASING

Michael Peloquin (FTBM)
http://www.globerecords.com/cgi-bin/db/search.cgi?specific=itemno&phrase=GLO-025

MSN Toolbar provides one-click access to Hotmail from any Web page ? FREE