Fwd: Like to learn

In a message dated 4/3/04 10:20:18 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
Mark.Crowley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Two other books i reccommend are Don Baker's book/cd
I am a beginner, also.  I started with Don Baker's book "Beginning Blues
Harp"  It comes with a cd that follows the text, and contains songs that keep it
interesting.  There is one song called the "One Hole Harp Solo", played
exclusively on the three hole with blow and draw bends that sounds good.  It's
helpful to me to be able to hear the songs, study the tab, and then play along.  The
cd has one drawback, it's not set up in different tracks, making it difficult
to stop your lesson, go back, and listen again.  I solved this problem by
recording the cd to cassette tape and indexing it according to the count meter on
my cassette player.

I tried for quite some time to be "self-instructed" and then sought out local
help.  Sitting down with a professional harp player for  a few lessons really
helped me out with some of the techniques that are easy to read about, but
somehow hard to duplicate.

Just a beginner's two cents worth.

Still practicing,

Arizona Bullfrog

PS  Today is the induction party for the latest inductees into the Arizona
Blues Hall of Fame, being held at the Rhythm Room in Phoenix starts at noon,
lots of great former inductees will be performing.

- --part1_20.26087ddc.2da16ac9_boundary--