Re: Legal Income from Music--Writing and Performance

You will not see this in a MIME-aware mail reader.

Disclaimer: i know approximately zip about taxes, law, or real estate.

Will Vogtman <will_vogtman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It looks like I'm going to make enough money this coming year to actually claim it  (between two different bands, solo performances, independent disc, and resale of instruments on e-bay).
>
> Does anyone know of a source that describes the minimum I need to do to claim the income in a legal manner?   I could use a good step-by-step guide.

while i always do my own taxes, the one year we had an
accountant do it was an unusually complex year when we
bought and sold a house, changed jobs, etc..  your situation
might be sufficiently complex that you'd want
to talk to an accountant, at least to learn the ground rules
and such so you could do it yourself in the future.  seems
like there's a lot of ways to get this wrong.

- ----
Garry Hodgson, Technology Consultant, AT&T Labs

Be happy for this moment.
This moment is your life.