From: owner-harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Smith, Richard
Sent: Monday, April 05, 2004 11:01 AM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Amp Rectifiers

Can anyone tell me what a Rectifier does?  Does it matter
whether an amp has a tube rectifier or a solid-state rectifier?
Does a tube rectifier give an amp a different sound than a
solid-state rectifier?  How important is it to the sound to
have a tube rectifier?  My Fender "Champ 12" has tube preamp
and power stages, but a solid-state rectifier.  Would it be
possible or worthwhile having it modified to tube rectifier?

Richard J. Smith, R.A.

- --
Harp-l is sponsored by SPAH, http://www.spah.org
Hosted by ValuePricehosting.com, http://www.valuepricehosting.com