From: Aeskow@xxxxxxx
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, April 05, 2004 1:32 PM
Subject: Upper-Plate Screws on Vintage 1923s

Should I just accept as a sad fact of life that, despite a tone I adore, the
Hering 1923s have some innate design flaw that makes one of the top-plate
screws (for some reason, usually the right one) loosen and detach after one
or two gigs?  I don't think I've seen anyone else talk about this--and as
always I leave open the possibility that I exist in a dimension very much
like the "real" one but different in tiny ways--but for me it's now
three-for-three in my playing experience, and I'm a fairly soft player.

I'd appreciate any help--including, but not limited to, confirmation of the
alternate-dimension theory.

Johnny T

("Some cats blow so HARD, man...For me, see, I just like to carry a little
bit of wind in my mouth and then just...navigate up and down them reeds.")
- --Little Walter
(As quoted in Living Blues magazine)