Re: CX12 tight slide action

Hi Ken,

you talked right about that point I meant with the PS in my post.:

< I also filed and rounded the ends of the metal bottom plate that holds=20
< everything together so that the metal corner stops do not keep hitting the=
=20
< cover when you push and slide the back plate off and on which could damage=
=20
< the cover or wear on the slot opeenings.  I got this tip from G's website=20
at: >

I got this tip not from G=B4s website but developed this measure when Hohner=
=20
send
the first black CX 12 to a customer, a fried of mine. It happened that I jus=
t=20
visited=20
him on the day the postman had delivered his CX 12 and he was eager to show=20
me=20
how easily the CX 12 can be taken apart. Orrps, because he was not cautious=20
enough
he broke the cover slots when removing the spring band.=20

I not only rounded the sharp band edges but also filed them back so that you=
 =20

needed to to press down only one band end to get the band free.=20

I had known whether you did it that the same way?

OTOH, I=B4m astonished that you worked the slide tabs inside the mpc. Normal=
ly,=20
the
slide tolerance is too great - the slide is waggling or wobbles which is the=
=20
reason why
the CX 12 slide doesn=B4t stick as other chrom slides.

CXfried
=20

you mentioned In einer eMail vom 05.04.04 22:18:51 (MEZ) - Mitteleurop.=20
Sommerzeit schreibt airmojo@xxxxxxxxxx: