Re: CX12 tight slide action

Hi Siegfried,

I filed both ends of the steel bottom spring, so that it can slide out either side, but I admit only one side really needs to be filed as long as you dismantle the CX the same each time.  I also filed that back to match the curvature of the inside of the cover housing.

On my CX-12 with the plastic tabs broken off (they were not all broken off--just the left side), I think the comb was pressing too tight up against the mouthpiece.  I guess I lucked out with my fix, but it did the trick!

If it was a new harp, I would probably just send it back to Hohner and have them make it right, but mine was over a year old and I kind of like to tinker with broken things anyways!

Oh yeah... don't carry your CX-12 in your top shirt pocket!  It can slip out real easily and there's lots of plastic that can break on a CX-12!   I now use a sturdy cordura carrying case that was made to hold a stun-gun about the size of a CX-12--works great !

Ken Hildebrand

- --- On Tue 04/06, < Snaruhn@xxxxxxx > wrote: From: [mailto: Snaruhn@xxxxxxx]
I not only rounded the sharp band edges but also filed them back so that you
needed to to press down only one band end to get the band free.

I had known whether you did it that the same way?

OTOH, I´m astonished that you worked the slide tabs inside the mpc. Normally, the
slide tolerance is too great - the slide is waggling or wobbles which is the reason why
the CX 12 slide doesn´t stick as other chrom slides.

CXfried

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com