RE: CX 12 spring mods

> Michelle relates the details of a "recommended" modification
> to the Spring

(I'd call it a retainer plate, or spring plate, or some such, as the spring that returns the slide is 'the' spring in a chromatic.)

I considered this modification on the CX 12s I have, and what I wound up doing was using a diamond grit paddle to 'ease' the sharp corners left by the machining process. (That plate is made of very hard steel!)

I did not attempt to reshape the profile of the plate's (cut) shoulder to match the curve of the CX 12's housing, just enough off the corners to blunt them. I figure it is a liability to have such a sharp corner in contact with soft, impressionable plastic.

Bob Laughton