RE: CX 12 spring mods [was tight slide action]

<quote>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 10:47:44 -0600
From: "MLeFree" <mlefree@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: CX 12 spring mods [was tight slide action]

CXfried related his treatment of the CX spring:
> I got this tip not from G's website but developed this measure when Hohner
> send the first black CX 12 to a customer, a friend of mine.
8<
However, IMHO, filing the sharp corners round as you (and G) suggest is not
the answer to this manufacturing shortcoming.
</quote>

I just want to point out that the section on CX-12 maintenance are credited
to the late "Doc Harmonica" as he wrote the original text and the photos, my
only involvement was editing, reformatting and publishing both the text and
photos onto my site.  I have given credit to Doc at the start of that
section.

I've never carried out the modification myself, although over the past four
years haven't heard of anyone having problems using this method.
I have however owned a customised CX12 where the corners of the back plate
spring had been taken down in this way, and it worked beautifully.  I've
also worked on stock CX12s and can see why its a good idea.

G.