RE: my new favorite harp player

>From: "Chris Michalek" <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>I don't listen to much harmonica music anymore because the sound
>irritates me.  But I have a new favorite harmonica player...Bill
>Barrett.  This man's music is fresh and highly engaging.  I have
>three of Bill's disks and haven't even opened the other two... It's
>been quite sometime since I've been unable to stop repeated
>listenings of a single CD.
>
>I can't top Rosco's comment so I'll cut and past it for all to see.
>
>"Bill Barrett plays the chromatic harmonica as if it were a French
>whore with too many miles on her & he was a 17 yr. old virgin. The
>combination of elemental lust, romantic yearning, stamina & disgust
>elevates his playing past pornography & into the rarified air of
>classic erotica. If Mozart had a daughter with Madonna, she would
>play like Bill. If Zappa had a love child with Pat Boone who then
>studied music with Ravi Shankar, he would want to play like Bill. I
>believe that Bill Barret is the best musician in the history of the
>world...really"
>
>I'd write more but I'm back to my head phone.  If you haven't tried
>anything different lately give Bill Barrett a try.

Chris,
I guess there's another mule kickin in my stall.

But, I do concur, Bill is something else!

The sound of harmonica players whining or bragging irritates ME!

Michael Peloquin
http://www.globerecords.com/cgi-bin/db/search.cgi?specific=itemno&phrase=GLO-025

Tax headache? MSN Money provides relief with tax tips, tools, IRS forms and
more! http://moneycentral.msn.com/tax/workshop/welcome.asp